General Xbox Gaming

Author Topic: HDMI no sound problem and answer  (Read 1760 times)

Offline WAYLANDER1577

• +2/-0
  • Co-Founder of Gears 1577
  • Xbox Arcade
  • Activity:
    0%
HDMI no sound problem and answer
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »
Hi have heard recently that a lot of people with HDMI consoles have been losing sound for no apparent reason have even done console restores and not worked. I also have recently had this problem have not changed anything on console setting wise, but thought i would investigate and found it is part of the new dashboard update.

Even though your console may not be effected straight after update may decide to switch over by its lonesome like mine. Now there's no need to send it back or buy new leads like some have done just follow these steps below and you will be OK.

Go into the Display settings there is an option called "Display Discovery" which is apparently turned on by default. If you're running through an AVR, Surround Sound, a HDMI switch, or if your TV is just goofy, this discovery will not be able to complete the handshake with The TV, as it does not have that direct connection. For whatever reason, Microsoft decided in this scenario that the best thing to do is default to DVI mode...WRONG.

Hope this helps

ta

Way
Life is like a shoping trolley, never goes where you expect or want it lol