General Xbox Gaming

Author Topic: I'm Never Buying from DELL again!  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Mr Velocity1577

• General Xbox Gaming - Index
  • +5/-0
  • Website Founder
  • Administrator
  • Xbox Slim
  • Activity:
    0%
I'm Never Buying from DELL again!
« on: August 26, 2011, 05:58:02 pm »
I have had a DELL for 8 years and thought it would be fine buying again, oh what a big mistake.

Background:
DELL Inspiron 580MT

I also have Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS or MS) and I am off work ill right now.

Within the first month the On-board Graphics Card packed up and keep crashing the system. So DELL was nice and did a home visit to replace the motherboard free. I then went and brought a Radeon ATI 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card to stop this happening again. If that wasn't enough only a week ago the Gigabyte Ethernet Adapter packed up...

Story time:
I was on the phone to them Saturday doing Software Checks to make sure it hadn't just dropped a Drive and that it was in fact a Hardware Issue. They said that it would be collected Tuesday and No one came, then Wednesday someone came to the door and let a empty box for the tower and as they where in a hurry they said they would come back to pick up the PC but never came back. So I waited till mid day Thursday and no one came to pick up the PC and then I phone DELL again! Surprised to hear they where going to be sending a different company to collect it Friday (Today) by this time I got though to them after my Girlfriend had to take over (Being clamber) and they finally agreed to do a home visit. (At last you say well NO)

The engineer came out as they said, replaced the motherboard and left. During his time there I asked multiple questions about the Graphics Card that DELL had sold me last time. The PC I have came with a 300W Power Supply and the Graphics Card requires 400W minimum. (Maths are wrong there?)

I also asked if he would recommend re-installing the OS! Answer: YES, I then went on to re-install the OS losing my Internet Security Software that came with the PC. Fine! Just re-download it you say! That's where it all start big time. Chrome or Internet Explorer 7 couldn't download even after I sign in finally. The fact that Windows Update Centre stopped working and the Internet keep throwing up error message again and again, even logging into gmail or anything with numerous redirect links.

I am now getting a Refund After this all and have to wait till Wednesday for it to be picked up (lets see if they arrive again!)

To cap it all someone turned up to pick the System up but DELL had already done the home visit this morning! (Sorry for the wasted time but this is DELL after all)

Offline Mr Velocity1577

• General Xbox Gaming - Index
  • +5/-0
  • Website Founder
  • Administrator
  • Xbox Slim
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: I'm Never Buying from DELL again!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:22:16 pm »
DELL was ment to pick it up yesterday they never showed up! What's the chances hay?

Offline Ecko-Azo

• +1/-0
  • Hello I'm Matt!
  • Local Moderator
  • Xbox Pro
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 03:07:12 pm »
Ok overall story Dell are *expletive deleted* Mr Velocity got pissed.....
I AM ECKO AZO

I AM A GRAPHICS ARTIST....

Offline YourDemiseTango

• +1/-0
  • Xbox Arcade
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:28:29 am »
Well I won't buy a dell now
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:29:46 am by YourDemiseTango »