General Xbox Gaming

Author Topic: New Xbox Dashboard  (Read 1493 times)

Offline WAYLANDER1577

• +2/-0
  • Co-Founder of Gears 1577
  • Xbox Arcade
  • Activity:
    0%
New Xbox Dashboard
« on: October 20, 2012, 05:48:26 AM »
Well I can genuinely say I am Miffed that my son has the new dashboard a few weeks early on his Xbox, now why would I be Miffed?... Because I carnt get it lol.

It got what appears to be similar lay out but you can pin what tiles you want where, which is cool if your like me and spend ages going through different tiles to get to what you want, also has internet explorer which I admit I am not a lover of, works well you use controller like a mouse and can pull up key board or use key pad.

I have tried to see if smart glass is on it but cannot find it so assume this must be an app you have to download when its released.

As for the rest Im sure you will all find out but its otherwise boring to me same old, same old. Personally I could like to see the old xbox Nexus etc come back as I still feel xbox is missing these because it makes you feel part of something and its a good laugh.

Way
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:49:35 AM by WAYLANDER1577 »
Life is like a shoping trolley, never goes where you expect or want it lol

Offline Mr Velocity1577

• General Xbox Gaming - Index
  • +5/-0
  • Website Founder
  • Administrator
  • Xbox Slim
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: New Xbox Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »
Smart Glass is being released on Xbox 360 on October 26th along with the Windows 8 release. You will also notice Zune has been replaced with 'Xbox Music' & 'Xbox Video' which is what Windows 8 is setup like. Another thing they have done is removed both the Facebook & Twitter apps so your need to use Internet Explorer to access those now. The Internet Explorer also doesn't support Java or Flash Player.